Luckily there was 3 days during late December with temperature above 10 degrees. I say luckily for me because this allow me to glue all my stringers to the frames and ticke a big job on my to-do liste. I still had a gas canon heater to make the temperature under the tents (S because there is two tents) more than confi. I took my time and after a big day all the clamps were gone and only crews and epoxy were holding the stringers in position. Very satisfying moment at the end of the day to look at this little boat stripped away from all this clamps and taking shape.
Last November I was starting to set the stringers on the hull. This took me quite a while to adjust every torsion and distortion in each frame and stringers. Also shaping the notches in every frame so that the stringers would match with the right camber of the hull. I never used as many clamps before in my life. I had to borrow so many from many different friends. And I hope I did mark them properly so that at the end I could still see the color code use on each of them to match the real owner.
The tricky part of that building step was that I was doing everything by myself. And so moving this long pieces of wood along, trying to hold them in the right spot, always running back and forth to adjust each clamps. Then measure and mark the little part of wood that need to be notch away so that the stringer sit exactly on his right spot. Remove all the clamps. Notched away some wood with the Fine or withe the chisel and hammer. And again reset the stinger withe his 8-10 clamps. And so on for the 20 stringers in total.
Meanwhile we had a little party with some hot toddy to warm us up. And someone had the great idea to wrote a little message on the hull. I do remember someone asking me if this would be ok to write a little something on the stringers because they going to be covered anyway. I think I did say yes. After that black out. Only a big surprise in the morning (ok afternoon) when I went check the boat and remove all the empty biers bottles. Even if it looks very messy they was a lot of fare wind messages, so thank you for your support, which ever form it might take.
It was getting colder and colder. So I though of building a second tent in my already workshop tent. Because epoxy need a certain temperature to cure properly this was the option i was going for. All the main little shipyard was double with all sort of insulation material we could found. Carpets, big heavy fabrics wraps, plastic covers, motlon, bubble wraps, etc.
But to be very honest all this man power, time and energy invested to try to keep the real important one trapped inside the room , the thermal one, was not very a success. This is probably my biggest mistake so far, not having choose a warm and heated room for the building of this boat. So now the only option I have is to wait that the outside temperature stop dropping below zero and maybe more around 8-10 degrees so this could allow me to easily keep my little boat-shed around 15degres celcius.